A few details about Marvel Heroes
So a few things I notice from the screen shot I took of the developer diary video released yesterday.
- The UI is very similar to Diablo 1 and 2. On the left we have a health meter and on the right some sort of energy meter.
- There are multiple hot keys for powerrs on the UI at the bottom.
- In the center there are two item hot keys, one appears to be a medkit icon the other looks to be a sort of recall key.
- There is a menu on the UI at the bottom as well and most of the keys seem pretty standard. I do notice a $ key which may be a cash or item shop key since the game is f2p.
- Two icons on the left are labeled as Traits and Unique. The site mentions each hero will have access to specific powers and abilities for that hero only, perhaps these are selected powers from those pools.
- The rest is pretty standard UI, mini map top right, chat features bottom left. Nothing innovative there
- I used this screenshot other any others as it displays some of the loot from combat. Woven Wristbands is quite obviously just gear that is picked up, but I noticed also Composite Alloy, Steel and White Dye.
That list item raised a few questions in my mind as I was watching the video. When a hero picks up something such as Woven Wristbands and equips them do they display on the hero on screen or just in the inventory? Also, are Composite Allow and Steel indicators that a crafting system will exist in this game to craft your own gear pieces? If gear can be crafted and can add to our heroes abilities and power will there be an auction house to sell that gear on?
The more I see of Marvel Heroes the more curious I get and the more anxious I become to get my hands on it.